Friday, December 23, 2011

South Korea .. here I come


Ow! I am going on a long holiday to South Korea.It is a long time that I have not taken such a long leave. A long Christmas weekend and a long New Year weekend make it possible for me to make the trip. During the past years, I have been only travelling on business and it has actually a different kind of feelings. For business travels, it is more stress than anything else. Having said that we have relax ourself and set our mind to enjoy the journey rather than the destination. Yes, we have to join the spots and every stops.

Distance travelling depends on the program of the travel. If we are greedy and try to maximize our travel destinations, it could be hectic and tiring. Most of the time, we are staying on a business moving from destination to destination. It is not pruposeful and lacking the indept knowledge of a place. Only looking at the surface and the glimpse of the passing scenary. Purposeful travelling is to stay in a place long enough to know the history and culture of the place we visit. Sometimes, we do engaging travel which means we stay and live with the local folks and enjoying the local food nnd engaging in their daily activities. Of course, this could take a long period to really enjoy to have an engaging travel.

The whole week, I have been talking to my wife and asked her why she choose to travel to Korea in the winter. It is actually every cold there and it is minus 10 degree. Freezing cold. Now, we have to spend more money to get ourself prepared for a winter travel. This winter travel is getting more and more expensive and buying clothings that we can rarely used in Malaysia. Rarely is a mild word, probably we will never use these clothings in Malaysia. The weather in Malaysia is also four seasons. Warm, hot, hotter and hottest. It resembles the Indian curry and your choice of the different spice.

Well, I have to put off this worry and have an open mind and I want to enjoy the trip even if it is freezing cold. There should be different type of fun when it is cold and snowy. At least, I can enjoy the white Christmas. The real spirit and setting for a real christmas treat. However, we do not understand the real culture of Christmas as the white man does. We will never understand them or really taste the spirit. But, we should try. If not 90%, then 60%. At least, we experience it.

Next thing I want ot experience is that food in South Korea. I told myself that I would like to eat slowing and enjoy bites and chews. But, I must not eat too much of one thing and not get to eat other things. A bit of everything and slowly and tastefully.

From now, it is a holiday. WIshing all of you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Namaste.


The capital of South Korea - Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment