Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Found - a bakery class

I found an advertisment in a mazagine offering bakery classes. I went to check it out at Farlim in Bandar Baru Air Itam. The shop's name is Chemmerry Sdn Bhd. When I saw the name , I thought it was a chemical company offering chemistry classes but upon looking further, it was actually a combination of chemistry in merry making. In the shop, it offers all the cake ingredients and tools of baking.To me,it was like finding a diamond among the haysacks. It was near and yet far.

The shop offers baking classes in cakes, pastry and bread. While waiting to see a class in operation on last saturday, I found the lecturer to be an interesting guy. The first impression was that he wore a red color polo-T and his assistant also the same color T-shirt.He greet us in a very warm manner and he was also jovial and funny in his introduction. I took a look at the class in operation and he was quite professional when conducting the lesson. He gaves away his recipe and handouts in quite a detail booklet to whole class of 7 students. During the chat with him, he told me that he had conducted too many classes and have lost count. He conduct himself with passion, soft and warm.

He conduct each class twice a week. Either a combination of Tuesdays and Thursdays or Saturday and Sunday. The full course have three parts ie Pastry, bread and cakes. The pastry chapter will cost each student RM1,600 and the cake chapter is RM2000 and the bread baking chapter cost about RM900. He boast of more than 100 variety of cake recipes and the full course is over a 4 months period. The size each class is about 7 or 8 students and it was quite hands on style of teaching.

I asked my daughter, May what she prefer and without hesitation, she told the clerk, she wants to learn the full course. I was taken aback because she was quite reluctant when I talk to her. My purpose was to offered to learn some skill during her holiday break. I did not expect her strong passion to learn baking.

The shop offers participants to join the on-going class anytime they want because the classes is complete on each lession. Just like a chinese serial it broke out into various chapters ot make learning easy.

For those of you who are interested, the shop is behind Maybank in Farlim, Penang. Check it out, fellas and make good cakes,pastry and bread for your love ones.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment