Friday, December 16, 2011

Managing our ego

Yesterday, there was a private battle brewing between two my female staff and when one them came to complain to me about another staff who had refused to answer her query, I asked a straight question to her " what is happening between two of you?, Please go and get the answer from her?". I remembered many years ago, this incident had happen to me before and my boss also pushed me to settle the matter by myself. History repeat itself but now is on another person.

As ordinary human being and with an untrained mind, we always placed self above everything. WIth this thinking, it will empowered our self ego and make ourself important. We became self centred and is always thinking about " me, me, me and me". Other people must listen to me, by doing that I am powerful and control others. We lost track of the feeling of others. If we are not aware of ourself and we always get our way by bullying, this behaviour will become a permanent part of ourself and will caused us misery in our life.

When we encountered a situation, we must look at our response from within before leashing it out. If we want to change this bad habit, we should challenge it. Don't let your ego win and do nothing but continued to be aware of your response internally. Challenge it and pull out the roots of this self ego and return to humility. Ask yourself, by winning this fight, you will lose a war ie a friend or a colleague. If you cannot response in a calm way, say nothing and do nothing. Fight the battle another day, another place and another time. Be patient.

By doing handling situation this way, you could feel angry and hurt. Of course, you must not keep this hurt feeling piling up in you. Train yourself to release it and realize the fact that it is your choice and you have the power to untied it. Be aware of it and do nothing about it and it will go away in time. Look at the positive and good things in life when you became better than your adversary. You have become a master of your ownself.

If you look at yourself, you have actually won and you are not letting your emotions win over you. YOu are calling the shoots, how wonderful it will be.
Think about it and logically analyse what I have said, it is only a moment of ego talk if you get angry.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment