Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The thoughts of revenge.

I was told of a former colleague who is coming to visit my office and the thoughts of resentment rose in my heart.  He was a bad character and in the past he is using my achievements to claim merits and  boost his image among his bosses.  He was transferred to another back to his home country and was subsequently posted to a neighbouring country. When he came around last, he wanted my support to bring him back to my Company as a more senior person.  Of course, I did nothing and he failed in his ambition.  This time, he is coming as a GM of an Accounting Dept from my head office.  The thought of him brings back unpleasant memories and I know that his bad karma will one day catch up with him.

This thought brings me back to the serial show on astro showing at 9.30 pm to-night.  The story was about a very wealthy man who took revenge on his brother and the people close to him due to some misgivings.  As the show progress, he realized that he was wrong and his wife almost gone mad because of his revengeful attitude. His son-in-law almost killed him after a serious quarrel and he was in a coma and he recovered later. After his recovery, he lost his memory  and subsequently, his memory return to him but he continued to pretend that he has lost his memory. He was a completely changed man.  He let his son-in-law and daughter to handle all his business and retired to his home and took up a small job in his son's business.  The son-in-law tricked his daughter into transferring all her shares to his name and he review his plot to the businessman.  He has used his wife to steal all the man's fortune because of revenge.  The man have humiliated him or insult him as the scum of the earth. This story review the revenge and counter revenge and in the process innocent people was hurt including the revenging parties. Most of the times, anger blind our eyes and closed our ears and we resort to revenge to seek justice but the expense of our integrity or morality. It is very strange and if we realized it, it is so meaningless.

Yes , anger leads to revenge. My thoughts of resentment is the starting point of an action to seek revenge. I have dis-associate with my colleague and I have distance from him. This act only hurts me. He may have forgotten what he did to me or have placed no importance ,while I am still brewing with anger at the thought of him. What do I get for been angry ? I am only hurting myself. My untamed mind keep playing the video in my heart and try to instigate me to initiate an act of revenge.  A small fire at the stare but gradually  litting it up into a big fire. I have to be aware of this starting thought and killed it as the awareness come instead of fanning it or letting it burn and become a big fire. A small fire needs only a blow to stop it but we have to bring a fire engine to stop a big burning fire. The end result would be more damaging to ourselves.

There is a saying " one eye for one eye " and leave everybody blind.  Sharpen our awareness and the understanding of our mind. The monkeying mind and the mental habits, If you attain this simple awareness, you will realize the operation of anger and you will kill it at its bud. Peace will come in every steps after you attained this wisdom.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment