Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Like all other human beings, I am restless.

My mind is very active and on  a fixing mood.  Maybe because I drank alot of coffee in the afternoon. I was attending a seminar on some tax updates. It was quite boring as there were only minor changes to the subject this year. I was among the 500 odd participants llistening to the speakers making issues out of no issue. My ears was trying to catch what the speakers were talking about while my mind was handling my office work. Multi-tasking on such occasions. Foolish of me.

Now , my mind is still active and every thought is a fleeting moment.  It come and go and it come back again and go again. Flip flop like switches on the wall,  Went to my face book and saw sometime interesting posted by my friend , SB from Australia. The phrase starts with :  We have a pair of eyes, a pair of ears , two lips , two nostrils but we have only one heart. Why......? This is because we give the other half of the  heart away and now we have to find it., the better half.  Well, ths is  quite truth. At birth and in the process of growing up, we could have lost our heart , our passion.  We are blind by the rat race and the seeking of wealth.  In a workshop  on the day before while at lunch, one of the female participant sitting in my table asked us to define " been successful". Nobody answer her and I just told her that been successful means to be happy all the time. Not money, not frame, not possessions but the feeling of happiness. But coming to think about it , it is exactly true.  Buddha said that we should not feel happy or sad. We should keep neutral and following the middle path. When there is happiness, there is sadness. We have put a measurement to it and we are control and guide by it.  No feeling is the right feeling.

Well, when we are moody or restless, it is also a measurement.  How we feel, good or bad or quite good or quite bad ? It has move from one single level to a range and sliding down and up a ladder. What are we ? A creature of passion and emotion and there is where  we are control how we feel or thought.  Be aware of it and not to re-act to it and watch it float by.  It is a tough thing to do especially when we have an ever fixing mind.  When I write about it and I become more aware of what it mean.

If we are aware of our emotions , feelings and thoughts, we should stare at it. Just look at it , feel it and accept it. Don't fight it, relax and accommodate it.  Anyway, we are creatures of passion and emotions and fighting it will make it harder on us. There is a saying , when there is an action , there will be a strong re-action.  By quieting down your mind, you will relax and you will come down and it will just pass. The end will come anyway.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment