Sunday, October 2, 2011

The KL Aunties came to town.

Left to right : Aunty Mandy, MC & G. Behind : Aunty BG & Hua


Yesterday was a hectic day for me as three Aunties came from KL and one Aunty from Bangkok was also in town.  My wife and myself have lunch with the three Aunties from KL at Lorong Selamat eating the hawkers’ delight.

After lunch, we have to sit out and hear out , one Auntie Mandy explaining her investment plan at the Coffee Bean  together with the Auntie G from Bangkok which lasted 3 hours. Well, the coffee at the meeting keep us a wake and alert and after some prolong discussion, we concluded by having to study more on the project. During the meeting , there were four Aunties chatting including my wife and myself. I was the torn among the Auntie roses.

People says that two women chatting is a market , three women chatting at the same time is like a village of people talking and what about five Aunties...?? Heaven forbades. But, actually, I talk the most. Towards the end of the talk, one more Auntie BG join the discussion and the group breaks into two with different subjects and agenda.  The Coffee Bean guys must be having a hard time trying to catch the gossips… hahahax.

After the discussion, it was adjourned to a tea break at  Gurney Beach Resort and a new round of gossip with biscuits and tea. Then, someone suggested a tour of Penang Island and I was given the job as the driver of a re-cond van provided by Auntie Mandy from KL. So, with 6 Aunties and one Uncle, that is me , we went on a merry go round in Penang town area and Tanjong Bungah.

I announced the major tourist spots and also the famous eateries in Penang especially the Char Koay Teow, the Hokkien Mee, the Lor Mee, the Fish head congee, the Assam laksa, etc on and on… it goes. Well, I am quite professional in this job.  Maybe , take up a part time job after my retirement just to pass time and earn some extra income. Hey, must get a license first.

After the run around, we ended up eating a hawkers’ dinner and  we finished the tour at about 8.30pm. The KL Aunties decided that they want to go back to KL after that and we wish them good luck and good fortune. Later, I was told that they reach KL at 4.00 am in the morning next.  What are the Aunties’ thinking about ? Running along the highway at early hours  in the morning with  so much risk and danger lurking around.  Luckily, non of them was raped and tortured…. Haiyaaaa…otherwise, big trouble leh.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment