Friday, October 7, 2011

Death spots - exercise care

Last night , I encountered a narrow miss with a speeding driver.  He was dressed in black T-shirts and short black pants and was speeding to the beat the traffic light while I was negotiating across the road after the traffic light. I admitted that I did not see him totally and even my wife and my maid was shocked when a speeding motor bike zoomed passed us. I think it is only seconds he missed my car and he was turning back to look at us as he speed away. I could see his upset and frighten face. We went our way, both shaken and scare. My memory of the morning miss with death still haunt me the whole night. I told myself I have to let go of the incident so that I can get a peaceful night sleep.

Yes, in life, all of us have narrow misses with death or accidents and some of it turns into nasty accidents or even death of our loved ones or people around us.  Steve Jobs have a very good philosophy and he said that since we are always living in the shadow of death, there is nothing to loose and we have better to live our life the way we want it and pursue our dreams instead of living another person's life. It is very true and if we take risk, we create new ways and new things for us and others.

Coming back to my experience with death, I have read an article some time ago which talks about death spots along highways and roads. My last night's incident happen on a stretch of road that have many accidents and a few people have die on a spot. The spot is dark and the car drivers or bike riders often want to beat the red light and make illegal U-turns and many of this is a clash of judgements.  I also remembered a news article that in Bangkok, one of the hospital stationed an ambulance near an under path where everyday an accident will occur. They even engage the monks to say prayer at the site to pacify the spirits.

In life, there are many chance and doors for us to exit from this world and go into another realm or dimension. If we missed the chance or the exit doors, we will live on until another encounter. For all of you, just be aware at these spots or avoid these spots and for those who needs to go through these spots, exercise care and alertness to protect yourself and for the love ones, who is waiting for you at home.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment