Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Taiwan trip

The Taiwan trip

Me recent trip to Taiwan changes a lot of my prospective in life. I could realize how fragile can life be and what age can do to us.

There was a few near misses which could have torn me into pieces. The most serious one was the journey coming out of a home stay in the hills where the driver almost head on with another van when navigating a bend. It was pure carelessness of the two drivers.

Another incident was when the bus was navigating up the hill and the road was so narrow and any mistake would have sent us down into ravine many meters down. It was for nothing as the whole hill was fill with mist and frost. We could see nothing and the cold spell make us sick from the trip.

On the prospect of life, I could realized that age have catch hold of me. The thin cold  air in the hills make me feel very cold and  my breath was heavy.

The climbing of the hills and the long walking  make me realized that the old wound in my left hip is still there and it has to rest at intervals. On the other hand, my yoga practice has make me more relax and endure the long hours of travel.

The getting away from work was a big relief and makes me realize that there is a different lifestyle everywhere and it is not only we need to work hard but play hard as well.
Time waits for no one and the journey is moving even if we are sleeping.

So, we should travel when we are able and do the things that we want to do instead of waiting for the time to do it.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment