Monday, January 20, 2014

Dinner at Beach Corner, Tanjung Bungah, Penang

I had a dinner last saturday at the beach corner restaurant. This is my third time there in recent years and this time is at the invitation of my brother in law.  That day co-incide with the second day of Taipusam and I have to take the coastal way around the island to Tanjung Bungah which is at the end of another corner on the island. It took my about an hour drive from Air Itam to reach there despite the light traffic.

My brother in law and his girlfriends were there and he had placed his order before we arrived and we do not have to wait too long for the food.

He ordered a spring roll which is one of the specialty there, a curry ikan, a fried chicken chopped into pieces, a kangkung dish,  cheese craps and a grass noodles soup with bits of meat and fish in the soup.  The taste was excellent and the price was acceptable.

The crowd was packed on the saturday night  and there was two tables celebrating the birthday of an elderly man.  We were told that his family was celebrating his 90th birthday and it was quite rowdy and loud.

At the end of the dinner, I turned back to look at the crowd and I notice my cousin sisters were eating in the next table. They have also finished their food and on their way out.  I managed to catch hold of them for a few minutes of chat. 

I have 5 cousin sisters from my eldest uncle.  Three of them was not married while two of them was married and have childrens of their own.  One married to a Hongkie  and live in the UK and another married a local but the latter did not attend the dinner.

All my cousin sisters are already elderly but they know how to keep themselve healthy.

Looking at them aged, I feel not that different from them and I have also aged as well.  Like I used to say " Master Time waits for no one " and it better  to enjoy every moment. 

Toady , I read a beautiful quote and it says"  if our mind is focus on a matter , then we have lost the moments when our mind is fill up with that matter ".

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment