Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Today's yoga lesson

My today's yoga session

My teacher was wearing a red top and a zebra tight bottom. She was ready for the class. I have been her student for the sixth year now and she is going back to the basics with a difference. A different type of breathing method.

For the past years , she has been teaching us the forms but know she teach us to use our breath to lead the form. In addition, she also asked us to focus on our breath and use the "in and out" breathing patten to break down the motion into tiny parts , driven by the breath in and breath out movements.

In Tai Chi , it has the same theory. When our hands move towards our body. It is breath and when we pushed out , we breath out.'the slowness in the Tai Chi form is also driven by the slowness of the breath. For the legs , if we lift them up , you breath in and when you kick out,you breath out.

My teacher agreed with me that Tai Chi and yoga shared many similarities. Once, my Tai Chi Master told me that the Tai Chi movement is like walking in the water ie each step is in slow motion and in total relax position.

The most important principle is to move slowly like in a dharma walk routine and if we concentrate on our breath , slow it down and let it lead the form, our thoughts would be totally in control.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment