Sunday, October 13, 2013

Dinner at Yeng Keng , Penang

Family dinner at Yeng Keng restaurant, Penang Last night, I had a dinner with my family, my BIL and his girlfriend and my daughter's friend , E.  it is a Hainan Cafe and restaurant serving their clannish  dishes. My wife ordered two spring rolls, a " arh orh" - duck soup, a ikan Tumis , a mixed vegetable , belachan chicken and finished with a wet and dry " Sar hor Fun". The taste was averagely good but the duck soup was too heavy with herbs.  It cost about RM240 for six person.. During the dinner, we notice a lot of people eating the  crispy egg white pudding which is like a big snow hill hold together with egg white burned by a gas burner. It was really a sight to watch. Most of our topics were about catching up with what happen what in our life and what we doing to do. These were very personal topics. But a casual stroll through the heritage hotel was a wonderful experience despite my third experience there at the site. So much memories and history and so many people have passed by the place and many have died or have reborn. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment