Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Doing nothing?

Is doing nothing , doing some thing? This wisdom is a bit deep. The Chinese called " deep water" and in Hokkien " cium  chooi". Literally. It means difficult to comprehend . Doing.nothing is plain simple means " doing nothing" what else to say about it. Period. But, in deeper philosophical meaning, we should not be doing anything and this is the normal condition of the body.  Doing some thing is out of the normal and is an effort to do some thing. So, resting is normal and it is during this resting time, the body will have time to recover itself. Slowing down will also give us time to look into our within and make us more aware of ourself. Rushing through life is meaningless and wasteful.  Today, it was.a rest day for me and I spend most of my time resting on my couch and my wide compliant that I am lazy and  doing nothing.  Yes, I was resting and just watching TV. I told her today is a rest day , so I rest. It is not something difficult to understand. There is nothing urgent to do, so why try to find something to do. I am only doing what I should be doing , that is the norm. Come tomorrow , there will be a whole lot of task to do and there will be no time to rest.  That is life. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment