Thursday, September 25, 2014

into the twilight - 2


Today, I had lunch with an old time banker friend.  He told me that he is suffering from severe back pain.  The back pain have occurred a few months ago and with pyshotherapy , he was alright until lately, the pain came back and haunt him.  He said that it was a sign of old age. The body will have a lot of pains as we aged. For this insight , I agreed absolutely.  It is sooner or later.  If we are able to keep our healthy well, it will be later and for some , it is sooner as the body immune or the strength fade.

In Yoga, we believe that in our life we have an average of  three million breath. If we breath faster through exercise , we will die faster and if we breath slower through Tai Chi , we will live longer.  However, it depends on the health wellness of each individual person.

After lunch, he told me that one of mutual banker friend just passed away from heart attack a few days ago.  He is only one year older than me.  Yes, I have lost touch with him for more than 10 year now since his retirement. He was quite a jovial person and he used to take chinese herbs to cure his common illness. He suffered a heart attack was in coma for three days before passing.

I was shocked  as I have not expected such outcome.  When we are in twilight years, there are a lot of things that we cannot expect. Come what may, we have to live on positively and cautiously.  We can take all the precautions but it depends on the decision of our maker.

We have to move forward and let it go.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment