Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Everything is just temporary

Why are we so stressed ? We spend most of our time improving our wealth , health and frame. Do we stop to think about all these matters ? Is it worth it to struggle and make the grade and to fulfill our ego.  Does all these have meaning in our life?

I was talking to my daughter M some time ago.  I asked her  whether she is interested in high pay jobs which will bring her more stress and have to constantly upgrading herself.  She told me  "No". I asked her why ? She told me that life is not all about money, frame or self ego, life is to live freely and be happy. 

I think that statement is really true.  All these years of working and looking back, do I live the way it should be lived ? or am I just following the path of all those before me, working hard to get more material wealth. Is more money and more famous means that I am more happy.  Yes, we feel good but is that all it matters?  Is it real happiness.

Looking further, I could see people having more moeny and keep worrying about their money but at the same time, people who are struggling with not enough money.  Is there a measurement of what is enough for us to spend more time to be happy ? Many people nowaday talked about balance life. There are no absolute answers and each balance depends on each person's management and tolerance.

The same thing is with happiness, there is not standard measurement of happiness.  Everyone of us have different factors to make us happey.  Some very simple and small things while others, of course is money or being famous. Everyone is happy at his or her own way and at different degrees.

Striking a lottery of RM1 million for a billionaire is nothing but a million to an  ordinary person, it is a very big and happy thing.  Whereas a week longer in life means a million to a dying man or maybe more.  It is so difficult to mean.  The level of happiness also fluctuate from day to day or minutes ot minutes.  A simpel good word  could make a person happy for a life time or a short time. It carrys so much different weight.

 It is so funny that we are unaware of these issues and reluctant to think about it.  I have a fellow yogi who tatoo the word "awareness' across his arm and he told me , the tatoo is a reminder to him to be aware of the surrounding and to keep his senses alert.  He has to be aware of the importance of time, his attitude towards his family and close friends, he as to be aware of the weather or his mind and body. There is a whole lot of things to be aware of which will make us happy and sensible.

Yes, this is a good practice and we should constantly remind ourself in one way and another.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment