Friday, September 12, 2014

A great pretender

I told my friend , an audit partner that she is a great pretender . She replied me that it is better for her to be an actress.  I think she is absolutely right . A great pretender should also be a good actress.

Actually, what I want to say is everyone of us have some great pretence in our dealing with people.  We are naturally actors or actress in the different situations in our life.  We actually pretend so that we do not hurt others, to avoid embarassment , to look good in the eyes of others, to be close to another people, etc.  Many occasions called for our acting skills.

When my boss scold me, I acted hurted or sad but in my heart, I am very angry because he scold me without a reason. I choose not to talk back and swallow the dead cat or cat noodle because I need the job or avoid further troubles from him. Otherwise, I could have shouted back at him and walk out.

It should does not called good acting skill on in our job but also in our private life. We buy big cars, big house, spend lavishly and look good in brand names so that we improve our image while our financials are miserable or not of that class.  We want to compare with our jones and we have  to be a great pretender.

The degree of pretending have a great impact on our personal reality. If we act too much and change our basic character too much, we become a split personality.  Two person in one body. If we act occasionally, we are more "us" than others.  This balance between our real self and "another" person demands great skills , so that we can come back to our basic self.

Some of the great actors and actress have split personality after acting in a movie.  Their basic self and the character they played in the movie can be so confusing and could lead them into a depression. The memory of our acting character becomes so embedded in us that for a period of time, we are another person in our body and mind.

So, it is better for us to be grounded and remain ourself .  We should not change ourself for others until we don't know how many % of ourself is our original self. Do we want to become a totally changed " person". If it is for the better, why not ? But if our mind is changed to be another person but our physical self remained in another, then this is very dangerous and this could hurt the person living in the real world.

Yes, it is better that we have to be ourself even if we are performing below par rather than be somebody we don't know or like.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment