Friday, June 20, 2014

My recent trip to Shanghai

When I reached Shanghai putong airport, it was already 8.00pm after flying for 7 hours excluding transit time and travelling them of 5 hours.  My aircraft started flying at 8.00 am on the same day. From Singapore to Shanghai, it was a continuous flying of 5 hours and it was the most boring stretch in the trip despite I watch movies on the plane.

Yeah, finally, it is Shanghai and the silent song suddenly started ringing in my year " Yeh Shanghi, Yeh Shanghai " . A land of paradise with night clubs and bars. But as I was travelling on the highway from Putong airport to the city center , I could see slaps of building with small aparts lined on both sides of the highway. These slaps of building is so cold and gray and there was no such fanfare. Towards to the city center, I could see more lights and lower brightly lit buildings but it was only in isolations.  What  a cold city ?

Another thing, I was shocked that there was a thick haze covering the city despite a small drizzle. The temperate was very hot because of the haze and the slaps of building lining the street. It was like a tombstone city with all the people lying in their final resting place or pigeon hole apartments. Nevertheless, the property in Shanghai is very expensive.

I also passed by the Shanghai beach river bank and the lighting on both sides of the river is glittering and bright. Lighted up like a christmas tree.

The next was a full day meeting having not change to wonder around. On the first night , I was advised not to go out wondering in the city because  many foreign workers from other provinces were in the city and employeed as construction workers.  These workers are not kind and will tend to rob foreigners wondering in the street.  So, there goes my confidence of wondering in the city.

I dreath the trip back as it was another 7 hours flight but the travelling time was short.  My flight took off at 8am from Shanghai Putong and reached Penang at 5.30pm , a bit shorter than on my arrival trip to Shanghai.  Yes, finally I am home and I felt drained and weak but I am home.  It was a wonderful feeling of back in the comfort of my home.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment