Thursday, June 5, 2014

Lunch at Ishin, Prai , Penang

I have a lunch with a friend who have been a great help to my trading business. He has volunteered to help me without any fees or charges and he did it at his own goodwill.  He was quite down when I saw him and I asked him what have happen.

He told me that his brother in law just passed away recently in Japan and he has to go back to participate in the funeral.  Including the travel , it took him 2 1/2 days until the whole funeral was over.  During the wake, for the 2  1/2 days, he and his family have to stand to receive all the guest to the funeral and he told me that on the first day , it was about 300 people, on the second day was about 250 people and the last day, it was about another 300 people .  For each person, he has to stand and bow two times and within  the 2 1/2 days , he as bowed 1700 times  and by then, he could not walk properly after the funeral.  The bow for a Japanese is very low and proper.   The impact is that he cannot play golf for one  month and his body was aching over.

He told me that he would not like to go back to Japan as most of his friends have either died or their only topic is medicine, practice and health.  There is no golf or mahjong in Japan which unlike here, there is so much enjoyments. Nevertheless, one common past time is drinking and drinking heavy.

For this matter, he was very frank and he has fond memories in Penang which he can recovered.  During the early seventies, he was  involved in setting up a factory with a few old friends and at one time, they requested for two message girls from Ipoh and they would be one massager to three person. However, one of the massage girl did not turn up and it was only one massage girl for six man. It was quite a rediculous situation at that time.

My friend have become a permanent resident and I would like to ask him to stay and do a few years of good job in Malayisa before he officially retire. But, I don't think he can retire because he don't have his mahjung kaki anymore.

Wish him best of health, wealth and luck.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment