Friday, April 12, 2013

I saw the future "me" - insight

On last Wednesday, my company organized a 40th anniversary celebration and we invited a lot of our old colleagues to come to the function.  There were about 350 invited guest and  it was a very big occasion.

We were told to receive the guest at the ball room entrance of EQ Hotel and as the guest starts to arrive, I saw a few familiar faces . Yes, these people were my retired ex-colleagues and they look old and frail. I was taken aback and I welcome and greet them but I have a sad feeling..  All of them have been once like me , strong and holding important positions in my company. Well, this is the natural path and I will be like them one day.

All of us think that we will never get old and die and this is a taboo and that is why we pushed this thoughts to the back of my head.  Why should we talk about it when it has not come yet ? Age is only a number but the real fact is that it will come sooner or later.

Life , sickness, old age and death is the natural path despite the advancement of science like the invention of stem cells or the DNA of the body.  There is great achievements where we can repricate another person like me or using stem cells to repair the worn out parts of our body or re-grow our brains. Finally, all the things must die.

After seeing my ex-colleagues , it really drawn on me that I am looking at my future self and how great or how rich I am, it does not matter. My time will pass one day. Finally, dead and gone.

Yeah, we can avoid thinking about it and continue to live a normal life but the parts in our body is giving up piece by piece even though we take good care of it by proper diets and exercise. It can only delay but it cannot avoid old age and death.

We have to look at our mirror everyday and remind us of our gradual aging and accept it as we go along. Otherwise, we cannot accept it when we suddenly wake up to this fact.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment