Saturday, April 6, 2013

A satruday at Gurney Plaza ( Yesterday)

My wife wants to go shopping on Saturday and I took along my 2nd sister, H who has recovered from a mild stroke. She was able to walk and talk and have recovered much. I have a slight pain on my knees so my wife was on her own after reaching the mall. I have a long and good chat with my siter. We were at Old town cafe at the mall. I ordered a lemon tea(cold) and I ordered a hot one fo rher. I have not have the chance to talk to my sister this long as I have been travelling to Bangladesh very frequently., But, I have been seeing her daily at the dinner time but only for half an hour. It is time to catch up and this was a very good opportunity. We walk very slowly and enjoying the pace and also the air-conditions. She told me that she is gong to start doing some light work and I have requested her to be careful and do it gradually. Yes, it could be very boring doing nothing.

 Both of us talked about our past. I told her that when I was young, my mother used to advise us on many things and her advise used to fall on deaf ears. We listen and brush it out without giving it a good thought. We took her good intnetion as nagging or scoding and we have our views. But, at this age now, I feel that her words of wisdom have very true and is full of meaning. It is very true of the saying that travelling a thousand mile is worth more than reading a thousand books. The personal experience really wake us up. But, we were given much thoughts to our parent's words then we could have escape or minimize the hurts and pains in our life. What a waste as we have a big ego or having our own stubborn thinking.

Well, this could be part of growing up. Now, I have been telling my daughter and staff who belongs to the Gen X or Y and they have the same expression on me "an old sucker". Yeah, history repeat itself. But , it is my duty to guide them and give them advise even it falls on deaf ears. This is also part of life growing old. Whether they consider it as nagging, scnging or complaining, it is a life process and this is with good intentions.

The talk lasted for a few hours incuding many things which has happen around our life. Some wit regrets and some with fond memories. Time flies and it lasted five hours and it is time for dinner. We had a simple dinner at dragon-I and after that , we daparted for home. This is another Saturday.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment