Saturday, December 29, 2012

The winter of my life...ext


Subject:  THE WINTER OF MY LIFE

>You know. . . Time has a way of moving quickly
>And catching you unaware of the passing years.

>It seems just yesterday that I was young,
>Just married and embarking on my new life with my mate.
>And yet in a way, it seems like eons ago,
>And I wonder where all the years went.
>I know that I lived them all...

>And I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams...
>But, here it is... The winter of my life and it catches me by surprise...


>How did I get here so fast?
>Where did the years go and where did my youth go?

>I remember well...
>Seeing older people through the years and thinking that those
>Older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off
>That I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like...

>But, here it is...
>My friends are retired and getting grey...
>They move slower and I see an older person now.
>Some are in better and some worse shape than me...
>But, I see the great change...

>Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant...
>But, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those
>Older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be.

>Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day!

>And taking a nap is not a treat anymore... it's mandatory!
>'Cause if I don't on my own free will... I just fall asleep where I sit!

>And so, now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared
>For all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability
>To go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!!

>But, at least I know, that though the winter has come,
>And I'm not sure how long it will last...
>This I know, that when it's over... Its over...

>Yes, I have regrets.
>There are things I wish I hadn't done...
>Things I should have done, but indeed,
>There are many things I'm happy to have done.
>It's all in a lifetime...

>So, if you're not in your winter yet...
>Let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think.
>Whatever you would like to accomplish in your life, please do it quickly!
>Don't put things off too long!!

>Life goes by quickly.  So, do what you can today,
>As you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not!
>You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...

>So, live for today and say all the things you want your loved ones to remember...
>And hope they appreciate and love you for all the things
>You have done for them in all the years past!!

>Life is a gift to you.

>The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
>Make it a fantastic one.

>~ And, Remember ~

>"It is health that is real wealth
>And not pieces of gold or silver."

>*May You always have Love to Share, Health to Spare and Friends that Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment