Sunday, December 23, 2012

The meaning of FAMILY - extracts

>>F A M I L Y
>>
>>I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
>>"Oh excuse me please" was my reply.
>>
>>
>>He said, "Please excuse me too;
>>I wasn't watching for you."
>>
>>
>>We were very polite, this stranger and I.
>>We went on our way and we said goodbye.
>>
>>
>>But at home a different story is told,
>>How we treat our loved ones, young and old.
>>
>>
>>Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
>>My son stood beside me very still.
>>
>>
>>When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.
>>"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.
>>
>>
>>He walked away, his little heart broken.
>>I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
>>
>>
>>While I lay awake in bed,
>>God's still small voice came to me and said,
>>
>>
>>"While dealing with a stranger,
>>common courtesy you use,
>>but the family you love, you seem to abuse.
>>
>>
>>Go and look on the kitchen floor,
>>You'll find some flowers there by the door.
>>
>>
>>Those are the flowers he brought for you.
>>He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.
>>
>>
>>He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,
>>you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."
>>
>>
>>By this time, I felt very small,
>>And now my tears began to fall.
>>
>>
>>I quietly went and knelt by his bed;
>>"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.
>>
>>
>>"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"
>>He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.
>>
>>
>>I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
>>I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."
>>
>>
>>I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
>>I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."
>>He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay.
>>I love you anyway."
>>
>>
>>I said, "Son, I love you too,
>>and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."
>>
>
>>FAMILY
>>Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company
>>that we are working for could easily replace us in
>>a matter of days.
>>But the family we left behind will feel the loss
>>for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more
>>into work than into our own family,
>>an unwise investment indeed,
>>don't you think?
>>So what is behind the story?
>>
>>
>>Do you know what the word FAMILY means?
>>FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU

No comments:

Post a Comment