Friday, December 14, 2012

A wedding dinner at Ming garden, Time Square, Penang

Last night, I attended a wedding dinner at Ming Garden. My friend of  40 years, B was marrying off her daughter and he organised a grand dinner at the restaurant.  I thnk is about 50 tables of  invited guest and there was a three plus one band to keep us entertained.

The restaurant was famous for their fried duck dishes but the menu for the night was without their  duck dishes.  It was a eight dish menu  and the food was of good quality and taste.  I think it was about RM500 per table and wine and beers were free flowing. It was a joyful night and not much talking because the singers from band were entertaining.

The band make up of three ladies and one organist . One of the lady singer is a flippino girl married to a local and she has a very powerful voice singing the cabiret type of songs while another lady sings the ballet type and the last singer specialized in Chinese and mandarin songs. All the ladies were slim fit and presentable.  Luckily, this band kept me entertained for the whole night with good wine to accompany me. Not feeling like talking as it was a rush to reach the dinner place from my office.

It has been a long time since I have not played in a band and for such occasion, a good band is important to keep all the guest entertained.  There was a mixture of latin dances , gangnam style and disco numbers where some of the guest joined in for the fun. When come to the twist and the chacha, I saw  a couple of old folks joining in the dance.

Yes, the latin dances was my time and I have been doing the twist, the chacha and the waltz during my young days. I was not good as a dancer and I have the dream to learn it up but until now, it is still at its planning stage.  I talk to my wife about learning the dances together but she has been putting it off.  She is not much of a music person.

I believe latin dances can be a good exercise and a stress reliever. If you are good at it, it can be classify and elegant and it is a very good exercise and put grace into your walking. I am trying push myself to find me a good teacher.  A good dance is like a glass of fine wine. Syabas.

Well, the dinner ended well and it was a joyful night and I had a good sleep last night. I am longing for such good entertainment to keep my spirit and life brightly litted up. Life is like a good entertainment and so, we  enjoy it while it last.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment