Monday, December 31, 2012

My shopping trip to KL - last saturday

It was an impromptu decision to go shopping in KL and it was also due to the persuasion from my daughter M.  We start off from Penang at 7am on Saturday and it took us four and half hours to reach KL  ie 11.30am.  The trip there was quite smooth.  I changed driver with my wife at Tapah and I dozed off and when I woke up, we were already at Subang. My GPS was the professional guide.

On reaching my SIL. H's house, we rested for an hour and we move to mid valley to have lunch.  It was a fusion Japanese lunch ie maki , sushi and spaghetti and saled.  It was very filling and after about one hour of lunch, we start the shopping.  The mall was very big and I start to look for Uniglo as they have good variety of items and the price is reasonable. Yes, I got a few items I like and my daughter M started her shopping spree and I followed her like a carpet boy and only swapping my credit card for the payments. 

Frankly, there are so many shops offering big discounts in the Mall and it was wonderful to note that some of the shops captures your attention by offering  25% for the first piece, another 15% for the 2nd piece and other 10% for the third piece. With a total of 50% discount for three items.  This is a business trick and my daugther and myself always fall for these scams.  Yeah, scam is a rather hash word but after paying for the hefty bill, we start to fell that we have been conned. This feeling cannot be held but it is actually on a willing buyer and willing seller basis.  There is no element of cheat but it makes you depart with alot of money.  Haiyaah.

We walked for  four hours until 7pm in the evening and decided enough is enough. By now, we are carrying bags of Treats, Espirit, Levis , Uniglo,etc...

We head to a  simple Chinese food restaurant on the way home to my SIL home. We had crabs, fried pork, eggs  and vegetables and after the meal, we rushed home and it was already 9.30pm and after a rest , we went to bed.

The next morning, I woke up at 8.00 am and I did two rounds of Tai Chi  and prepared to go for breakfast.  For breakfast, my SIL, H took us to Taman Desa for fish head noodle.  The place was packed with people and we managed to get a place after waiting for 15 minutes. The taste was very good despite being abit pricey.  The owner charged RM7.50 for one bowl of fish head noodle and this is the usual price in KL.

After the brunch  ie breakfast and lunch,  we visited another SIL, M . She could not join us for the lunch becasue she hurt her back doing Yoga. She could swim but could not bend and she told us to be careful of our exercise especially when we are in our old age.  Nevertheless, she could walk around and was full of energy and we were happy that nothing serious have  happened to her.

We leave for Penang at 3.30 pm and we reached Penang about 7.30pm.  It was raining in Ipoh and during part of the journey to Taiping but generally, the travelling was smooth and after dinner , it was back to home sweet home. It was a wonderful trip and  I did not feel tired at all and have a very good and restful sleep.

The journey have helped me to take my mind and focus off the passing time.  We did something which we wanted to do and I feel fulfilled and not wasting my time watching TV or sleeping during the weekend. But, time is sure passing fast and silently.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment