Monday, December 24, 2012

Hidden Gardens of Telok Bahang

Last  saturday, I was invited by a friend to visit the hills of Balik Pulau and I went there with my daugther M and her BF, Y. My friend was having an idea of building villas on the existing orchards on the hills in the area. I was keen as I was looking for some investment as well as my desire to ease myself back into the nature during my twilight years.

The hills was quite narrow and steep and it needs a 4 wheeler to reach the top. The roads were narrow and winding.  We managed to get to the top of the hill and we could see alot of fruit trees ie durian , banana, jackfruits, etc. The land was very undulating and each villa  will have a 3000 flat space and surrounded by the fruit trees.  We were quite sceptical about the idea and it was not cheap to build the infra structures and also the villas.

My friend try to convinec me that it was a good investment and he took me , M and Y to Telok Bahang using the old hilly road and we passed through many fruit stalls especially durian stalls. After travelling awhile, we reach a gate which opens to a newly constructed road down hill and after opening the gate, my friend drove very slowly down hill using the new road.  The roads were winding but very well constructed and we could see that there is a villa under construction which includes a swimming pool and a baliness style villa . The roads were very carefully contructed to avoid the stones , tress and flowers. It was like opening to a whole new world . A world that is unpoluted and natural.

It was a very good concept especially these villas are sitting on selected space among nature and some of the villas can be sea facing and high enough to see the whole Balik Pulau town. I love the concept and it was really enlightening to see  that there is so much beauty and nature on the slopes of the hills.

I think this will be the future trend where the wealthy and nature lovers will look forward to a while new world. It is amazing and incredible how the infra-structure design will be while it provides you the comfort to live among nature.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment