Monday, September 12, 2011

Traveling to KL for a wedding dinner - lots of insight

My friend, PH send me an invitation to his daughter’s wedding and it was held in Kuala Lumpur on a Sunday night. PH, is a friend and a service provider to my Company and my big boss wants me to attend the dinner to show our appreciation. But, the next day was a Monday ( that is today) and I have to rush back to meet my new expatriate boss in my Division. I timed the trip very tightly.  I will fly in on a Sunday afternoon and will take the first flight back to Penang on the next day.  Yes, use MAS to fly there and use Air Asia to fly back on Monday.

It was a lot of training and a hectic trip because not much rest the night as I have to wake up at 5 am to travel to the LCCT in Sepang. The dinner end at 10.30pm and I took leave to go back to my hotel to sleep early. The food and drinks in my stomach makes me uncomfortable as I try to force my self to sleep. I have lots of dreams that night because of the heavy meal. What the xyz%#^&#@ ? Anyway, very uncomfortable night.

During the trip, I have  learn a number of things for the first time. I did not know that I cannot print the boarding pass for Air Asia’s return flight from KL.  I have to do it in KL. Another thing is that I thought the Air Asia flight is flying from KLIA but no, it  is operating in a LCCT in Sepang which is about 20 minutes away. I must print the boarding pass from the LCCT terminal.  It is the first time, I am flying Air Asia from Sepang. The terminal really impressed me a lot and it was much more busier than KLIA and better organized.  Now , I know why Air Asia is doing so well.

Air Asia is a budget Airline and that is why we have to walk a long way from the low cost terminal  to the plane and it actually is like traveling on a bus without the meal and drinks and the services. But, all the food and drinks is available at the LCCT terminal , that is where they make money from all of us. Good idea ! You pay for what you need and there is no waste. Unlike MAS, they serve the things we don’t  like and yet we have to eat them anyway. What a waste.

Now they are talking about Air Asia swapping shares with MAS and merge the two Airlines. This is dangerous as they will create a monopoly and waste will again come into the picture to make us pay for the things we don’t need. We have to stop the rot from spreading.

But , one thing we have to bear is that the delay on the take off as it is supposedly to be traveling free and easy and a slight delay is acceptable.  If not this, it was a wonderful experience traveling from KL to Penang. Have learn a lot of things a new.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment