Friday, September 9, 2011

Krabi trip - another aspect


















During my previous write-up on the trip, I did not mention another side of the story. The gathering of my wife and her immediate family members.  My wife enjoyed the trip very much especially the long bus trips to and back from Krabi.  I told all of you that it was a good period of rest for me. Sleeping comfortably in the a big bus with lots of leg room but bored stiff at times.

Yes, then long  bus rides confine my wife and my  sister and brother-in-laws in the bus and they talk about my beloved father and mother-in-law and their childhoods.  My Auntie also talk about the recent times with my father-in-law before he die and all of them was going down memory lanes and recapture the good and bad times of the past.
This situation was very rare and it shows that all of them missed their parent or partners very much and talk very passionately about them and each other.

The bond and the feelings was fantastic and non of them felt tired talking repeatedly of the same events and laughing over it. For those bystanders like me or my daughters who was not in the picture in past was not  amusing at all. There was no feeling or excitement at all but become rather boring when it was repeatedly mentioned.

Now, with the demise of my father-in-law, it will be a real test whether their bond could still pull them together or not. The tie has broken and some of them will drift away from the group. It will depend on some cohesive bond whether it can continue to pull some of them together. Everyone is for themselves and each will have their own routine and activities and these will the factor which will be pulling them apart.

Life in a Chinese family is like that , it needs a reason to pull them together  and very often , it is the parent. They are like a core with strings attached to the heart of the children and once awhile, they pull the strings to bring all the siblings together.

Lets hope the cohesive strength of their childhood bonds can tie some of them together and go on another trip down their memory lane.  But , no more the crabby  island of Krabi.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment