Sunday, September 18, 2011

A letter from an old friend , LA

Last week, I receive a letter from an old friend, LA who told me that his Parkson Disease is getting worse and on top of that there is growth in one of his hands. He have to withdrawal part of his life savings and to get Government funds to carry out his operations. He appeal for my help.

I know him for many years since getting to know him when he was working in Standard Chartered Bank. He took a voluntary Separation Scheme and venture into his own business. He was trying to established his  business but he was unable to sustain as his experience in business was not strong.  I got him some training classes but he faltered and finally, he stopped business and moved to KL with his family. He owned a reasonably decent house and if he keep it until today, it will fetch me more than one million. But, he had exercise his choice to move to KL and sell his house.

I believe he is quite well off when he took the VSS scheme and selling of his house and how he use his fortune, I was not updated and this letter came as a surprise to me. Sometime in the past, I continued to give him some financial assistance.

Parkinson disease is a terrible  sickness and needs a life time of medical care.  The whole body's coordination is out of sync and the patient is shaking all the time and when they talk, they stammer. Some  of the famous personality who have this disease is Micheal J. Fox and Ronald Reagan.  The cause of this disease is not known but it could be a result of depression and drug abuse.

So, dear Folks.  Take care of your mental health and actively train your mind.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment