Friday, September 30, 2011

Be ourself.


My daughter , May was unhappy today because some one criticize her for showing off.  Yes,  I know my daughter well. She is a happy go-lucky gal and she poke funs at everyone and sometimes, a bit excessively. This is her way and some people do not like been patronize and could have re-acted negatively.

There was a song  called “ My way” by Frank Sinatra and a song called “ Love me for what I am” by Lobo. The lyrics of my way is to depict that we have to do things our way and we have to take the blunts from people who is not in favor of our way . If we exercise the choice, we should not regret. The choice by other parties may not what we want and why we have to act like them and do it their way.  We have to be our self and decide our fate and destiny. We do not need to be accepted by anybody apart from our self.

In the song “ love me for what I am “ , Lobo tells us that we live according to other people’s fantasy . We make our looks like what other people deem acceptable and we look on our right or on our left  as decided by other people. We live the life of other people instead of our self. Who have we become ? Another people and we cannot be our self.  It is very tiring and meaningless as we are not our self.

Of course, it is very difficult to tell people what we don’t like or say no to their request but  it is better to be frank or we have to suffered in silence. How to convince other  people the way we to our life needs a lot of tact and how we say it. It is actually an art.

I told my daughter , we have to be humble and it is too bad that other people maybe offended by  our actions. It is just too bad.  If they decided to humiliate us or scold us , let it be. We should not be angry or upset because it is our live and we should take charge.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment