Friday, September 16, 2011

Dinner at Aseana cafe in Straits Quay

To-night, I had dinner with my wife at Aseana Cafe in Straits Quay. There was a lot of people at the Quay and most of them are taking a stroll after dinner.  My wife bought  a pewter at Selangor Pewter and walk to the Cafe , just opposite the shop.  I was there on a mission to check on my daughter , May who is working as a waitress at the Cafe. Part of her training , she told me but each time she came home from work, she have painful legs and would request for a leg message from me the next day. I told her that it must be her weight and she assured me that she is on a diet but maybe, her weight is only coming down very slowly.

Aseana Cafe serves local delicacies and the place was cosy and in good taste.  Well, I ordered a Jawa Mee and my wife ordered a spaghetti Chicken. The taste was quite good but the price is abit pricey. There is a lot of difference in the taste when we eat the same stuff in a restaurant and a coffee shop. My wife told me that if I eat Jawa mee , it cost only a fraction of the price I pay for the same stuff which I chose to eat here. The chair was comfortable and I got my daughter to serve me.  It is the first time in her life to serve her parents and it was a wonderful experience to us. For the past 18 years, we have been serving her. Yeah , you might say that I am pampering her.

I noticed that she has changed a lot and her manners were always good in front of my friends or strangers. A completely two separate personality. One at home and another at her work place.  I believe that she is changing and hopefully, changing for the better.  She is getting wiser and from the message in the FB to her friend, I could sense that I have under estimate her maturity and wisdom and the way she advise her friend was extremely good.  Well, we should never judge a book from its cover. You can be always wrong.

After the dinner, my wife and I got out of the Cafe and feeling satisfied that she will be able to handle her self in the future.  We took a stroll at the Marina and there was more people coming in to the quay and there was a lot of pubs there and people still eating at 10.30 pm.  Late, we took leave from the place and head home.

Girls really gets matured faster than the boys. For each year difference, the girls could get two to three folds faster in maturity than the boys.  For a perfect couple, it is traditionally that the man should be 6 years old than the lady when there get married as their maturity is at the same level because of the age difference.  From my experience and observation,  girls normally ditch their boy friends at the age of 18 to 20 if they are of the same age. The boys remained boys and  girls became ladies. This is the real problem,

So, happily seeing my May growing up and seeing her getting the hard knocks directly from life and I realized she will get stronger and wiser in the coming years.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment