Friday, March 4, 2011

TGF - where is the excitement ?

Sitting in my car waiting for my wife to finish her job. Darkness everywhere in the car park.  A few lights were on in some distance away.  The air was warm, so I decided to switch on my car air con to do some writing for my blog.  A bit tired today after a long meeting in the morning and afternoon. Just came back from a KFC restaurant after a two piece chicken dinner there  and bought something for my wife for her dinner. I SMS my daughter to find out where she is and she was busy with her own things. Yes, I have to do something to spend my time fruitfully.

I visited a video shop near the KFC joint and the lady who is the owner was about 35 plus and her mouth was there with her. I know both of them very well as I used to order DVDs with them.  The lady's mother was about 60 plus and she told me that she has four daughters and three sons. I told her that the generation now do not have so many children. Most of us have only one or two children. She told me that her friends have 11 sons and no daughters. I told her that no ladies would want to go through this path of  have so many children.  The present generation would value their quality of life more and would not spend their life time caring for their children.  In simple words, they don't make mothers like yester-years.

I told the video shop's lady boss is that when I start work in my factory 33 years ago, she would be running naked in her kampong or playing in the rain water when it rains. Ow! 33 years, it is a long long time ago. Many young girls I know is now mothers or grand mothers. How have they change ? I was with a colleague in the morning and after a meeting , she met her friend in the lift. She call out to the man and she said, " you have not retired , arh? " . The man look at her and told her that he don't know her. Then, my colleague told him that she used to work with his boss about 13 years ago. Then , the man exclaimed that he now remember and said that now she looks so different and old. Frank words.The truth is always ugly. My colleagues acknowledged her age but I could see that she is very uncomfortable with the comments. So what, everybody age and grow old. Yeah , some people takes great pain to keep their youth for a bit longer and nicer but in the end, age will show.

One thing I don't agree is that we should not be fat or sluggish when we are old. We should spend some time in our upkeep and exercise to keep our fitness and our joints flexible. I am not saying that we go all the way to spend our fortunes on beauty or plastic surgery and have our nose dropping off or eyes showing great strains ,etc. Just be natural and keep natural. Enjoy the process and live beautifully.

Yeah, looking out of my car, it is darkness everywhere.  My wife is finishing her job now and it is time to pack up and go home. I was supposed to  do my Tai Chi exercise to-night but so what. I enjoy writing to tell you my thoughts. So, good night, folks. Sweet dreams and sleep well. Thank God, it is Saturday tomorrow.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment