Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lunch at a Taiwanese Tea Restaurant.

I had a lunch today with a friend after a meeting at Prai Auto-City.  I recommended Swanson but my friend prefer something light and non-cheese. I told him that Swanson is famous for their ice cream and cakes. Since, my friend insisted I follow and both of us is the first time in this restaurant.

It was not so pack but gradually, more and more people was coming in for lunch. I ordered a beef noodle and some sweet beans while my friend have some pork rice and soup.  Nothing fantastic really but we notice that the food is served pretty fast. I look over the counter and I saw this big man managing the waiters ad waitress. He was instructing them how to serve and pushing the staff to work faster and more systematically.  All the staff are young and I think they are part timers. The people taking lunch there just continue to have their lunch despite the eventful scene.

For the shop to survive in the cosy and pricey area , there must be some strong factor to attract diners and lunch-goers The shop looks simple, the food is so-so and the price is not cheap, the staff is inexperience and the restaurant manager is a pushy guy. Where is the strong point ? The fast serving of the food.  I do not know what is the response in the evening but for lunch, because of the short lunch hour, there is a need to have a fast food serving system for the lunch-goers to have enough time to eat. This is the winning factor.  At the end of my lunch while walking out, three of my Japanese colleagues walk in. Yes, the Japanese likes short and fast lunches. They are accustom to this habit. People in Tokyo stand and eat and everything is over in 15 minutes. So, a so-so food,  slightly pricey menu , a simple set can also be successful when your food serving is  fast to your customers.

There is always a reason for success. Like the qualities in you, there are strong points and weak points and if you push the right buttons, your strong points will make you shine and successful.  Look at yourself in the mirror and you will see the goodness in you.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment