Sunday, March 27, 2011

I can see clearly now.....

For many years, I have been caught in the rain. It happens on Saturday when I was having my morning walk at the dam. The sky was dark when I reach the dam but it has no rain yet.  As usual, I wanted to finish the walking before the rain start and at the mid way through my walk, the rain just fell heavily on me. There was no shelter and both sides of the road have only small plants. I was completely exposed and at the mercy of the rain.  I was fully trenched and I just turn and walk back to my car which was about 1km away. The rain was hitting against my head and body and the cold wind stop. When it stop the sky was clear and my vision was clearer.  I was completely relax and  cold , It was like a bucket of water been splashed on my body from head to toe.. It cleears my mind and give me focus.

Most of the time, we are in a routine and we  emerged ourself in the  routine and been carried along with the flow. If we have the chance to break the routine, there could be a certain freshness. We can have a new way of looking at things or have a different way of solving a problem. We hold on to our thoughts or problem and we keep pushing our fixing mind to provide a solution for it. We repeated the same procedures or the same methods  many times and make our self very tired. We keep doing the same way to solve a problem and expect a different results. This makes us very tired and restless. If we take a break from the routine and relax our mind and body or do something different, we will have an idea out of the box or out of the norm.

There is a story of a young wood cutter who join a lumbering company.  He was the young one and he thinks that he will out perform the old lumberjacks in the company. On his first day at work, he notice that the old lumberjacks taking breaks during the process of cutting down trees. He told himself that if he do not take breaks, he could finished cutting more trees at the end of the day. surprisingly, the old lumberjacks out perform him and he trys to work harder and faster  yet he could not beat the daily production record of the old lumberjacks. So, one day, he follow the old lumberjacks to take a breakand he realised that during the break, the old lumberjacks grind their axes. The lesson in this article is that we must take breaks to refresh our selves and we must acquire knowledge to be sharper and to handle our job. clever

We are creature of conformity and habits. Old habits dies hard and it is difficult for us to break from a pattern or a habit. If we did the same thing for a thousand times or a million times, we believe that we are doing the right way or the most proficient way. We are not sceptical to new ideas or suggestions from another human beings. How can a new person be better than us ?  This thinking is wrong and of course, it is difficult to accept because of our big ego.  Often than not, a fresh pair of eyes can see things clearer.  Hence, for us to survive and continue to survive, we have to kick the old habits and break the big ego and accept new suggestions and new thoughts. If we want changes ,we have to be part of the change.

Om Shanti Om....

No comments:

Post a Comment