Friday, January 7, 2011

Take care, my friend.

Just woke up. The same thought is going through my head. Could feel a deep sense of restlessness. Could feel the sadness of my friend whose father passed away a few days ago. I remember her telling me many years ago her father was a kungfu instructor and if I misbehave, she will tell her father and I will receive a kungfu kick in the end. Yesterday, I was told by my friend that my lady friend's father became Penang's chief shaolin kungfu instructor before he passed away.

For me, learning kungfu is for good health and longevity. Kungfu experts ate strong and healthy people and should die at a ripe old age. This is always the myth. This kind of news shock my senses and belief.

Last week, I was talking to my KL SIL about health and she told me that she intends to learn qigong for health. She reminded me that there was an article on this subject and the art of qigong prolongs health and longevity. This belief could be true and I have read an article that if we keep active and always on the move, it will keep us healthy. But, in yoga,our live span is make up of maximum number of breath. If the number of breath is five million times and if we used it up faster by running or other hectic activities, the faster we will meet our Maker. So, qigong,Taichi and yoga is recommended to preserve our health and prolong our life.

There some many different theory and each art or activity have its' own theory and logic and I believe not one thing suits all and it depends a lot on our own body conditions, our diet and outlook in life. When we are young and strong, we work ad if we can never die and can live forever but when we are in our twilight years,we prefer to slow and watch the world go by or watch the slow breath moving in and out of our body when we practice gigong or meditation.

Nevertheless, my friends, who is in whatever age groups, please don't take things for granted that there is a tomorrow waiting for you. Everything is uncertain and inpredictable. Not even you are a kungfu expert or a yoga expert. If it is time for you to go, you have to go. Stay in the present and enjoy a blissful life. Don't wait, go and do the things you want to do because tomorrow may not come.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment