Monday, January 17, 2011

Solaris in Mont Kiara

Have you heard of Solaris in Mont Kiara ?  Yesterday, I passed through it accidentally because I lost my way in Kuala Lumpur.  I missed a few turns and I landed among the condos and apartments of Sri Hartamas and Mont Kiara.  Yes, I have seen the name Mont Kiara several times when I was in Kuala Lumpur for business and in my mind, this is just another new township with bare minimum infra-structure.  I called my BIL, R and he came over to lead me to his home.

Before he head for home, he suggested I follow him to visit a place called Solaris. I followed his car and as I saw the Solaris, I just like it. It must be because of the chemistry. It is love at first sight. Full of excitement as I feel that the landscaping  and the layout of the shopping area is wonderfully done, with so much moving space. My BIL, R took me to the first floor of one the building and I was again amused and amazed at the flow of traffic below. Below me, there were flyovers criss crossing each other with traffic moving in different directions at the same time . From left to right and right to left  in harmony and it is just magic to watch the traffic in motion. What a wonderful world.

My BIL took me for a cup of coffee at a coffee joint which have their tables and chairs at the walk way.  It was a bit drizzling and the weather was perfect with less sun lights. I ordered a cup of latte and enjoy the atmosphere while slipping coffee. I was told by my BIL that the area is lined with pubs, entertainment and food joints. It is a place for foreigners and local yuppies who likes the night life. It is a place which never sleep or the people are night birds . They sleep in the morning and wake up at night. These are creature of the moon and maybe, one or two are wolves or vampires  in the making.  It was a wonderful experience , I felt so relax and good. It reminds me of another place which is almost heaven.

Years ago, I was requested by my employer to visit Switzerland on some credit issue. I went there with my colleague. He has a problem collecting some debts. Switzerland is really a beautiful place. After a sixteen hours of travel, we landed ourselves in a small business hotel. The room was very small, fit for one person and one single bed with the bare minimum. The lobby was managed only by two person. One is managing the counter and registration while another handles the cleaning.  Their food is eggs, butter, cheese, bread , milk and oats. Very basic food. The hotel was too small for both of  us and we just hop on the trains and move around the country.  We visited a Rolex watch factory and a one thousand years old church. Sorry, lets forget about the uninteresting details.

My point is in Switzerland, there are lots of road side cafe which serves drinks and food.  The temperature is about 16 C under bright sunshine.  It is so cooling and sunny. A very good feeling because you feel liberated. When you look up, you see the snow cap Alps in the blue sky and when you look out, you can see the beautiful lakes with yachts parked at the bay.The environment make you feel like you are in heaven. Full of fresh air, sunshine, flowers , water and  it is cooling.  You can slip coffee at the road side bar, just like in Solaris. Of course, Solaris and Switzerland are entirely two different places, but they serve the same purpose, that is to provide a place for rentertainment and relaxation.  A wonderful feeling of estacy.

Looking at the development, Solaris will continue to develop and evolved into a entertainment paradise which will compliment the wonderfully designed condos and apartments for locals and foreigners alike. I look forward to visit it at night , just to join the crowd  and cherish the estacy and joy.  I hope to meet some of you there. If you allow me , I will give you a big bear hug , lift you off your feet to enjoy the magic together with you.

So, see you there. Just open your heart and we will connect.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment