Thursday, November 11, 2010

Smile, an everlasting smile

I received a message on the face book from my daughter who said that those people smile too much is actually trying to hide their pains behind their smile. I thought about it for a while and realized how true it can be. We have been asking everyone to smile, so the whole world smile with you and smile is free and yet it is so contagious. It brightens up one's day. So, please  smile, smile and smile.

Is there such thing as over-smile ? It has never came across my mind until I saw a video clip which my sweet daughter May sent to me.  In this Thai video , there was this GRO (guest relationship officer) standing at the entrance of the club. She was smiling and welcoming the club members  and her smile gets wider and wider and wider. Suddenly, there was a "pop" sound and her smile busted and her face ended with a plaster.  It was a joke, how can a smile burst ? Funny story.

However, if a person continued to smile and smile too much, is it true that he trying to hide his pain or hurts. There could be some truth because if we smile, it should be a relax and graceful smile. The smile should come from within automatically and without the person having to put an effort to pull up the muscles. A beautiful smile comes from a beautiful inner you. But, if we put an effort to pull on a smile, it is a fake as the outside smile does not reflect your inner feelings. Such type of smile is not good and unhealthy.  There needs to have a harmony between your outer smile and your inner you to be genuine and truthful.

I remembered the yoga class I attended on last Sunday. She was a new yoga teacher and the first thing , she asked us to do is to smile and keep smiling.  Nobody in the class smile except her and of course, she has a sincere smile as I believe she has a  beautiful inner self.  She looks plum, happy and radiant.  I wonder why nobody smile and I think it is very unnatural to smile at everybody including strangers. We are afraid that they may think that we a  cuckoo.  Our fear inhibit our smile even though we have a beautiful inner self.

A smile is a smile and it has to be done automatically at the right time, place and people . Otherwise, some angry people may think that we are making fun at them and get a slap on our face.

Like Bee Gee's "Words".... smile and everlasting smile and the smile could mean everything to me.

Have a beautiful inner you and you will give out a beautiful smile wherever you go.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment