Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Encounter with Zen places

I have visited  private eateries which have peaceful settings and design  to combine with good food and I want to share these zen like encounters with all of you. It is a wonderful experience,

Today is a public holiday and I took a ride to Sungei Petani with my wife to visit my daughter and upon reaching there, I decided to have lunch with my family there. On the way, I remembered an eating place which was recommended by a friend a few months ago and I decided to call him for a direction.  He was not available , so I called another friend for help. He told me that he had not eat at the place before but it is somewhere near Giant supermarket in Sungei Petani near to the South entrance. So, I asked my wife to switch on the GPS but the reception was poor due to the cloudy weather. Anyway, I got to Giant and I stop near to a petrol station  to ask for the direction to this Thai restaurant.  I told the counter girls that I don't know the name of the eatery but they straight away told me, it must be Mae Saelong Thai Restaurant. The place must be very famous because it was so close to their lips. One of the counter girls draw me the direction and off I go with my family towards this place  The roads gets smaller and smaller and I was driving into a private housing area with parks and mud roads.

Finally, I reach the eatery. While I park the car, my wife and daughter get down to survey the restaurant. I followed them and I was shock to find a restaurant in a private housing area and the setting was amidst the nature with coconut trees and those dreamy tress in the West Lake in China and the main hall of the restaurant was surrounded by water.  The restaurant sinks into the pool of water surrounding the wooden structure. It is like we are back to Nature and my daughter told me that it is like eating in a resort like Pulau Tioman.  It was relaxing and the food was good and the price was reasonable. It is an amazing encounter and I would like to recommend to all  nature lovers to visit this place to enjoy its gracefulness and beauty.

After reaching Penang, I decided to check another eatery by myself  and I remembered another friends recommendation of a private eatery in Air Itam. The name is Lau Ee. I drove towards the direction as indicated by my friend  and I reach the place after passing through narrow and small lanes. This is another private housing area and the restaurant is at a dead end . The outside looks like a bungalow with many air-con units. I parked my car and ring a bell  and I was invited inside. Ow! It was another world inside with glass panels surround a pond  with waterfalls. The Chinese carps was huge ones swimming in the pond. It was so simple and yet so relaxing.  I fell in love with the natural setting and I could feel so much energy and Chi in the place.  I have yet to eat in the place. Hopefully, come Saturday, I can have dinner there and I will share the encounter with all of you.

Meantime, peace and love to all of you.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment