Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our basis of friendship

Our basis of friendship

Yesterday, I had a lunch with two friends. Both of them were once best friends and lunch partners and I was a mutual friend with both of them. One of them is S and the other friend is C..It was a last minute lunch appointment and I have to scratch my head to get a convenient place for the lunch. It was a touch and go lunch because three of us have different appointments and three different places and the lunch was only for one hour.

Anywhere miracle happen and the meeting place was at Sunshine Korean restaurant. When I reached there , it was closed on Tuesday and the next best thing was either the Big Mac or Pizza Hut. Both fast food chain. Finally, I chose PH. No, not because it is a initial of a friend. Just a choice of the heart.

I sat down and waited . But not for long. S arrived and C came about 10 minutes later. We ordered our food and both of them start talking . Talking about their hand bags and their various combinations of color , texture ,etc. I just sit and listen to their conversation.

Then, the next topic was on the latest I-phone and I requested to see the phone which I know before hand that S has bought the latest I-phone 4. I talk to C about the goodness of the phone and requested her to get one for herself and get connected. She hesitated but I know she can afford one herself , it is because she is so busy with her daily routines and her daughter. She told us that she is not familiar with electronic equipment and requested S to help. I was abit KBC and suggested that they should go in later part of the day. C said that she is busy for the day and request to set another day to get S to go with her. This prompted S to say that then it has to be a year later. I realized that they have not been going out anymore for many moons together. Each busy with their life and work , although they work in the same office.

This is not surprising , a lot of friendship just fall apart as we quicken our pace in life and in work. Like I have talk about a marathon runner who for the three works just concentrate on finishing the race and reach the finishing line . He or she only focus on their breathing , managing their pain in their leg, body and mind. After they finished the race , they are totally exhausted.
For a friendship to persist, there have to be a foundation and not just using each other to past our idle time or to make money. Without any mutual understanding , care and trust , not relationship can sustain the strains in our life.
To these two friends, it is fate that bring both of you together as friends and there is also a reason for both of them to become strangers again.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment