Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Raining cats and dogs

The phase raining cats and dogs was used to describe  heavy rain and thunder storms like dropping cats and dogs from the sky , each barking and meowing at each other  and chasing each other around.  It is just loud and noisy. The last few days have been raining cats and dogs  in the wee hours of the morning. The time for deep sleep and dreams.

Synornimous with heavy rain is the traffic jam.  I was caught in a massive jam for 40 minutes and during that time, some drivers was trying to get out of the jam by forcing their way into your lane or squeeze their way out. I was wondering what is the difference of staying one or two cars behind  and keep to your lane than those drivers forcing their way ahead by one or two cars. Does move this really make a difference ?

In my younger days, I was behaving like them. Just want to forge ahead and disregarding the risk and the irritation I caused to the other road users.  My fixing mind and restlessness will get hold of me and push me to the extreme. Now, at this ripe age, I have mellowed and I was able to  relax and enjoy myself in the jam. When we cannot change or control a situation , why do we need to get upset and become restless. Like what taught by my Guru, just learn to dance in the rain if you are already wet.

I put on a good relaxing music , close my eyes and slow down my breathing. After a while, I would look at the rain drops falling on my wind screen and I start counting the drops. Then, I look around and admire the long jam and so man y type of cars , old , new , local and imported model. Then, I close my eyes and concnetrate on my breath again. Time just pass-by and I have reach the junction. The n I know the real reason for the jam, It was not the rain but a bus sekolah and broken down  and the usual two lane traffic became one way traffic. It was smooth all the way after the broken down bus.

One thing we should learn from this lesson is that things are not like what it seems to be.  We manifest and make believe in many things  and the final outcome or the cause of the problem is different from our thinking or reasoning.  The most logical for the jam is because of the jam but in this case, it was the bus sekolah. It is logical but not truth. Hence, we should have an open mind and do not jump to conclusions until we see the real facts of the case.  Always give the benefit of the doubt  to the victim.I
i
It is forecasted that there will be rain in the next few days and most likely , you will be caught in a jam like I do.  Please think about I have written . You need not get upset if you cannot do anything to resolve it. Just enjoy the rain and learn how to dance in the rain. Get prepared and enjoy the moments and make yourself fully relax. Not doing anything in the car is doing something. Your body is relaxing and allow your body to heal and  rejuvenate its energy level  and to prepare  yourself  after your reach the place of your choice.  Have a safe and enjoyable journey through the rain and imaging the cats and dogs dropping from the sky.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment