Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A sad story

I have beenin KL for 2 days and as I get out of the airport, I caught sight of my company's driver and he raise his hands to signal me over to his car. Once, I was in the car, I sent him my condolence on the demise of his only son. A tragedy struck his family last week just after Deepavali.

He told me that his son was only 26 years old when he die. He was a very healthy young man and he worked in a Hotel in Penang. After working in the Hotel for 2 years, he got a promotion. He was a promising young man. After he die, the Doctor told him that his son died of a mysterious viral disease. The chance of catching this virus was one in a million and yet this happen to his son. He was very sad and his wife was unable to work since his son's death. Luckily, they still have another daughter. He told me that if his son have told them earlier that he is not feeling well he could have sent him to the hospital earlier and there could be a cure.

Yes, all this "what if" question will float in our head on hind sight.It is very hurting and it is very normal for us to blame our self for not doing enough or take care of the problem earlier, But, have we ever consider that this is his fate and if he is gone, it is always with a reason, We can guess a thousand of "what if", it will not change the reality or the outcome. Why do we need to hurt ourself by torturing our self over something that is not within our control? Does it make us feel better by blaming ourself?

I told my driver that he has to accept the fact and be strong. I also told him to take care of his wife and daughter in this time of grief. He should resort to religion and prayer for strength and wisdom. He told me that he will do just that to strength his support for his family.

Life is unpredictable and like what an earlier article have mentioned before, the future is never guaranteed and what we have is only the present.

To all of you, folks in transit. The past is gone forever, the future may not come and what you have is only now. Don't think twice , just go ahead and do what you want to do.

Lots of loving kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment