Saturday, November 5, 2011

A lapse in concentration.,,,,,,,,,,

I had dinner at a Taiwanese noodle shop after visiting BIL J at the hospital.  Yes, he is admitted because he was not feeling well. He was tested for chemical imbalance and also undergone dialysis to harmonized her chemical problem.  He was in pain after the dialysis  and he kept on asking us to go home or go for dinner. He felt obliged if we have stayed longer , so we cash the rain cheque and I went off with my wife for dinner.

It was a simple dinner and when we were on our way back, it was drizzling a bit  and it was wet and dark outside. On the way back, my wife say that she wants to buy Fab , a washing powder at a supermarket which is on our route home. When we reach the supermarket, there was a long queue of cars because it was a Saturday and we decided to skip the supermarket.  Our next stop was a bank which was also on our way home. I just took the normal route , heading to the bank.

While nearing my home, my wife asked me where am I going ?  I say I using the normal way to the bank and she said that I have missed the turn to the bank and she scolded me for making excuses and it was indeed a mistake by me.  I kept arguing with her that there was a traffic light so that is why I choose this route. She kept questioning and tease me and I told her firmly that I have make the correct turn. So, after going the bank, I decided to show her mistake and prove that I was right. And when, I reach the traffic light, I knew I was wrong. There were two ways leading to the bank and one of the way is my working days' route and another way is my weekend route.  I have based on my argument using the weekday's route to support my weekend route. I was a switch in the routine and my mind is confused.  A lapse of concentration have done it and I was on auto pilot during the driving back.

It is dangerous as the daily stress and BIL J's sickness has gone into me. My mind was full and I have to emptied it before I get into trouble. Like I say before. If we are only 10 years old, we are free and easy because there is not much image and experience been stored in my brain but after 50 yeas, I have times more and it sure gets full, right?   It is a bit of malfunction and it just skip a line.  However, it can have serious consequences or it is a common error which is hardly felt. It is not the consequences but rather the mind is full. There is an urgent need to shake the stress away and have a clearer view of things.

I believe this kind of signal of an overdose is common to everyone of us. Don't be in  a self denial mood and find excuses to justify it.  It takes more courage for one to apologize for their mistakes rather than covering it up.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment