Monday, March 24, 2014

My body is breaking down

Yesterday was  a terrible day as my body condition was not good due to lack of sleep and pain in my foot.   I think it should be the reverse , the pain in my foot caused me to have a sleepless night.  Yeah , this is the sequence.

I injured my foot doing my saturday yoga session and due to the high level of uric in my blood due to consuming all the bean contents, I suffered a mild gout attack.  The injury to my foot have actually trigger the gout attack. Gout is a combination of these two factors.

I was totally drained yesterday as I tried to catch up with my sleep as I tried to lessen the pain arising from the gout attack.  It is not a problem, if I take pain killer and it will be comfortable but I choose to weather the pain as I get medication to relief my gout.  It has a burning sensation and I was quite feverish. I have not been taking medication as the gout attack is only one or twice a year and if I control my diet, then there is totally  no occurence of this gout attack.

Diet is a very important condition for better health and exercise keep our body going. But, at certain point , we feel that our body is breaking down especially when we are caught in these uncomfortable moments.

I think it is not only me who is having this feelings but all the sportman or sport women especially when they reach the age of 30. At this age, their body condition or body injury can be very bad and a small  mis-judgement could end in permanent injury.  The recovery rate of an injury gets longer with age and there is no mystery about it. This relationship is closely related.

Once I read an article about " Tiger Woods" and he is number one in the golf world and in this article, he talks about his body is breaking down. This is a real moment and our awareness of our body is very important to avoid injury. 

Yes, I must admit that I have been " thinking" like a young man and I have been doing things like many years before and at times, it strikes me that I must slow down and to avoid injury.  I must do things at my own pace and not to compete with other people younger than my age,.

Yes, age is not just a number.  We cannot avoid to accept that we are aging and how to treat our body with fairness and tenderness.  If we do not accept the fact, we will injured ourself or in worst case, could kill ourself by not slowing down.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment