Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Heavy in my heart

Sometimes, it is very difficult to make changes which can affect the live of other people for the sake of efficieny or for succession planning.  I have been involved with a lot of out sourcing activities for my Company and my colleagues hate my guts but it is a job someone needs to handle and if it is not me, there will other people.

Where does the karma lies ? It good for the Company and bad for the affected person. This is what I called the 80:20 principle. For the sake and survival of the company ie the 80% of them, I have to get rid of the  targeted 20%.  It is for the sake of majority and is this good karma. If you just look at the impact, then there is a positive karma as I provided job security and  jobs for the 80%.

Just like the example of eating a fish and you have to check it out and choose the live fish and then the chef will cooked it for a group of 10 people.  Where does the bad karma lies ? On the person who choose it , cooked it or eat it. Who is the unlucky guy ? It is again verydifficult to pin point.

If we see something needs to be done and we do it for the sake of making it better , then we should not be worry about who is to bear the bad karma. There is a saying " the bad gets stronger if the good choose to do nothing ". We have to look into this positive light.

In executing such move, our knees can get numb and weak or our confidence fell low as we do not know what is the outcome. What other things that it tipper or what consequences it will bring ? Yesterday at yoga, I was balancing on my arms and did a shoulder stand, there was alot of butterflies in my stomach, I was so scare to tip over and hurt my back and I have seen alot of such incidences. There was uncertainties in my balance and there was this yogi sitting by my side watching me do the pose and she try to attempt to emulate my stance but she could do it . She was also like me afraid of falling and I told her to close her eyes and just to it.  However, closing our eyes also caused us a lot of uncertainties as additional fear will sets in.  Doing a balancing stand while closing our eyes , there is a double uncertainties.

The fear in us build up the uncertainties or make us scare.  We have to do it , just do it and worry of the outcome later . If we don't do make this decision, we will never change the situation or stop the rot.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment