Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Trying to find what I have lost.

I had a lunch with a friend and he asked me about my musical past.  I was in a band for a number of years about 20 years ago.  Why did you give it up ? Well, I was caught in a rat race and I lost myself doing what other people are doing  ie making a living doing a job.

It was a wonderful time especially when you are among friends playing in a band. The bond was so great and we move in a union.  A lot of times, I passed through the house of my former band member while traveling to a shopping mall and I told myself that I need to stop and chat him up again. But , it never happen, all the rushing and priorities pull me back to have this leisure of meeting with my friends. I have lost myself in this materialistic world.

A few minutes before lunch today, I was at Bentley's musical instrument shop at Gurney Plaza. There were so many guitars of different design and sizes , drum sets, organ , painos ,etc and I took up a guitar to strum a few cords. It has been years that I touch the instrument.  My lunch friend joined me and we chat for a while about music and the chording pattern.  He told me that he has just taken up organ and he is learning it at his own pace. At 55 of age, he is taking up organ. Woh, what a fella !

Last Sunday, I went to my store room to retrieve my old organ and it was so old and its keyboard has changed into light brown colour from pure white.  I clean it up abit and I play some simple melody on it and I have to keep it because I am on the rush for another errand.  I left it on the table  and let it breath after so many years packed up in a bag. Another hopeful time to pursue my passion again but it maybe too late as I have forgot all the basics and I need to re-learn the function of my key board.

I felt sorry to have changed over time and putting my passion to the last of my priorities.  Time flies and we ended the way we are not but a changed person.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment