Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The end of a fairy tale

My daughter M told me that she has ended her relationship with her BF.  She told me that she still love him and wish to keep his reputation in front of our family and her friends and would not like to discuss this matter anymore. She ended the relationship because she know that she will not be happy because of their differences.

For M, she likes to eat the best things in life and enjoy mixing with people and she is very careless with her money while her BF is very thifty and very careful with her money.  I could see this difference from the start and they have been much quarreling over this matter. This great difference their life's outlook and character will only make them an unhappy couple. 

I did not question any further as I did not have much detail of their disagreements and M have been telling me that I only look at his superficial self .  I know this young guy and he is not a bad person but he is abit quiet and when come to studies , he is abit weak. Hardworking no doubt.

When M make this decision, it must have been very painful as she has been very protective of him frorm the beginning .  Standing up to defend him when someone talk bad about him or bully him.  My M was a much stronger then him in this area. I also wonder how he can protect my daughter in the future if M gets into trouble.

I have to respect M's decision because this is her life and she should make the decision herself . I am afraid that she could be hurt again as she is very trusting and protective of her love. She can blindly protect and support his love.  This is her weakness and she can be very passionate.

This is a lesson she should go through before she choose a life partner and this lesson will open up her eyes and to look for a partner that is in harmony with her character.  She is a very private person and she keep all the problems in her heart and this is something I worry very much.  I need to find a way to gain her trust and to help her in anyway possible. 

There is not such thing as no pain or hurt when we break up a relationship.  She has hinted that she have to be brave. Brave to handle her life by herself and do things her way.  I am happy for her that she is smart and strong to make this decision instead of suffering in silence to avoid gossip or long explanations to the family members.

From young, I know she has a strong character and she is a fighter and I wish her good luck.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment