Friday, July 5, 2013

Life on a fast lane....

Every morning, I took the fast lane to work.  Do you know which is the fast lane ?  A lot of people is confused over this lane. It is the lane on our right hand side. The middle lane is the moderate lane and the slow lane is the far left lane. Many a times, people us the right lane as the slow lane  and some people use the left lane as the fast lane.  This concept is totally wrong. We can only cut from the right hand and if left lane become the fast lane, then we have cut from the left.  That is where accidents happens.

On Wednesday, it was a gloomy day and it was drizzling.  After getting out from my house,  I switch on the front line because it was dark.  I started slowly and kept to the left  and I gradually start to move to the right , which is the fast lane.   Suddenly, one car started to honk me.  I look behind and I could not see the car clearly as the car was painted black , the weather was gloomy and the driver did not switch on his front light.  The driver cut from the left  and drew parallel to me and wind down his car's window and shouted at me and I also wind down my window and asked him what is he shouting about ?  Suddenly, he drove his car into my lane and step on the brake and I just slow down my car to avoid hitting him and he just drove off after protesting in that stupid manner.

I know when we are irritated or angry , we say silly things and acted stupidly.  This drivers action reflects exactly that.  I told myself not to be upset by his action and he might have forgotten the incident and I am still holding on to its memory. It was a stupid thing to do.

As usual, I kept to the right lane and proceed to work and when I hit the Penang bridge,  there were a lot of slow drivers packing the right lane and I have to shift between lanes  and overtake on the left lane to make sure I reached office in time. It was a nasty things to do as it could post danger to the other drivers.  What can we do when there is a heavy traffic on the road ? Either we have to do all the wrong things or to be late for work.  It is a dilemma in our daily life.

Life is full of choices , we can choose to follow the rules or break the rules , it is up to us. But, at the end of the day, we should not harm or hurt others.  They also have their choice and have their life.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment