Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I woke up in the middle of the night.....

I could not sleep well last night and I was already up by 4.20am.  Correctly, it was early morning instead of middle of the night.  How shall we describe it ?  Middle of the night is like 9pm so how shall we describe it .  Not important now , if you can understand my meaning but the fact is that I am deprived off my sleep.

Enough sleep is very important and it help us in our focus.  I have drank 3 cups of coffee to stay awake and yet ,  I am afraid that I could not sleep tonight. Too much caffine will keep me awake.  To some people, it has no impact at all. They can sleep anytime and anywhere even when they are standing. For my wife, she can fell asleep  while reading a book. If I took away the book, her hands is still in the same position as holding the book.  It is quite funny and I always laugh in silence.

Lately, I am in the habit of sleeping before 11 pm and getting up around 7am with one or two interruptions to go to the toilet. Of course, sometimes, with no interruptions. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with me. The nights after the yoga sessions ie 4 times a week makes me sleep better. I am quite aware of this pattern and deep inside , I have recognize it as one of the benefits of practicing yoga.

At one point of time, our Ex-PM Mahatir said that he do not know why people want to stand on their heads instead of on their feet?  Our learned Mahatir may not be aware that this is a way to de-stress and lets the body calm down and gradually , we can fell asleep easily.  Dr Mahatir still lives in his own time and domain and never have the chance to practice yoga.

Anyway, we need 8 hours of good sleep to replenish or rejuvenate ourself and remained focus in our work.  Any short of sleep will make us edgy and non responsive. We will be slow in our actions because the body cannot connect with the mind or vice versa.  The health or well being of the body-mind connection can be achieved through several means like meditation, yoga, qigong, Taichi and many other means.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment