Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Who are your friends ?

There was a saying "A friend in need is a friend indeed". What does it truly means? In simple terms is that when you are in need of a friend and the friend is there for you and that person is realy your friend indeed. Very often, when you are need of a friend's help, all your "friends" will disappear and if those friends who are available to you and help you, then these people are your real friends.

I have an insight to share with all my readers. Sometime ago, my friend was down with dengie and he was almost close to death. I was very concern about him and have drop in to see him a few things and also to console and support his wife and to hear her out. After he recovered, he was back to his normal life and I was very happy that he could recover completely. We lost contact with each other but I still have his phone number.

He stay quite close to me and he bought another property and move away from the area. I was not informed but I got the news from our mutual friends. I was quite disappointed but i got over it thnking that he maybe very busy.

His wife is a lawyer and I have tried to give her a few legal jobs but her fee was more expensive than the other lawyers and I was unable to support her legal business. I think she is angry with me because I am supposed to be a family friend to her and I should not mind the additional cost. Unfortunately, my business parter would not agree to the additional cost.

Recently, I noticed that my back neighbour have moved out and there was no light in the house and the things in the garden was in a mass. I remember my back neighbour is a friend of my friend's lawyer wife, so I decide to give her a call to find out the real situation. She pick up the phone and she could not recognized my voice and I enquire about my back neighbour and she told me that my back neighbour have sold the house and moved away. I was so surprised and I enquire more about who will be my new back neighbour and she told that she is in a middle of her dinner. I quickly apologize and get off the phone.

Her tone and rudeness turns me off and I was pretty upset as I have always treated her as my friend. I realized that for some people, friends are only friends when we are in need and if they do not need you then you are not their friend. This is the hard facts of life.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment