Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday blues - an after thought

I am back to work today and it is a monday. I drown in blues especially it is a monday. The jet lag from last week's travel plus the full dose of the blues, I am really drained and feeling tired. Terribly tired as my body was feeling pain all over.

The pain is not from the travel but from the restless joints. Before I came home,I knew of a potential work problem from my boss, H. I was feeling upset as this matter went straight to my boss before it was filtered through me. I felt betrayed and let down by those people who have worked with me for many years. Those people I knew since they join their companies and I saw them grew up and I guide them along as they grow up. What are they doing ? I saw the whole thing in my perspective and I was blind with anger.

I called up my lady friend, L and went over the lawyer's office to execute some documents and I invited her for a lunch. I talk to her about my work problem and she was quite understanding. After all my talking, she told me to look at the problem in a different perspective. Have I consider the responsibility of my colleagues while I am away? It could it be better for my boss to know about the problem through my colleagues ? Does it really matters that it has not been filtered by me ?

After calming down, I realize that the problem was not as big as I thought and it was more manageable than I think. In my anger, I have intensify and multiply the impact. Things are not as bad as I think it would be. If we go down to the problem, we could see how small it is and our mind is playing a trick on us. Our anger have fan the fire of our trouble.

Yes, when we are angry, we should not say or do anything because our anger is taking charge and it could make us to or say stupid things. The picture becomes clearer if our anger subsides and logic returns to us.

Sometimes, it oould be the jet lag and the monday blues that is fanning the anger in us. Let the day pass and it will definitely be better tomorrow.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment