Saturday, April 28, 2012

Visit to Bodhi Heart Santuary

I have been thinking of visting the Bodhi Heart Centre after reading about it and hearing so so much about it. Yesterday, I was on my way to chek out the E&O Quay Side business centre and on  my way back to my home , I was near to Bodhi santuary in Mount Eskine.  I was with my sister and brother and I just make a quick decision to look for it.

I took a wrong turn into Hong Seng Estate and I drove through very narrow streets and lanes and among the squatrers trying to find the centre. On the way, I asked a few people staying there and I found out that I have taken the wrong turn. I got out of the Estate  and I was about to give up . While I was back on the main road coming out of  Mount Eskine.  I took another road into the Estate  and saw the sign board of the Santuary, I drove between and  among the graves  and went deep into the cemetery until the end of the road. I told myself that I might not ben able to find the center and was abit upset at the lack of directions and sign boards. In Buddhism, we believe in fate. Maybe , I was not destined to to see the cente on the day.

I took a reverse turn and was driving out of the cemetery and I saw a  two child centers but there was no sign board for the centre. I decide to take another turn into the child center and  there it was : Bodhi Heart Santuary.  I was sitting on a hill. By this time, it was raining heavily but it did not stop my adventurous spirit which I have developed in my assignments in Bangladesh.

Yeah, another test for me. The heavy rain stop me from walking around but suddenly , my sister found an umbrella at the small meditation centre and she gave it to me. I told her to wait for me at the meditation center near the entrance while I took a walk around the center .  In the center, there is a big Buddha statute , alot of resting spots , a training centre ,  resting rooms for the monks  and of course, the small meditation room.   The setting of the center is on the steep slopes and full of steps , it will be very difficult for old or sick or weak people. The environment is transquil and calm and it should be good place for meditation or for the learning of the Dharma. I congralate tuthe people who is involved in the setting up of the center.  It was a simple place and it is just perfect for the task bcause Buddhism is a simple religion.  All it need is ourself and our mind

I was drench wet  and I decide to leave the place and may come back another day. It will be my fate with the place. The searching for the center was an experience and if we keep searching, nothing is impossible. The insight which I want to share with  my readers is that never give up and enjoy the process when you on the journey to search for your target in life.

So live well and enjoy your weekend and the coming Labor Day's  holiday.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment