Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lunch at Furusato, Pulau Tikus, Penang

I had lunch in a japanese restaurant at Pulau Tikus. The island of the rats. But, there are no rats where I eat but good japanese food. The chef at Furusato is my friend and I have been to the restaurant for upteen times and my friends called this place, my kitchen. It is abit exaggerating but it is always comfortable for me there.

I have invited a friend, S for a lunch at the restaurant and I ordered sukiyaki with beef, tempura- a mixture of prawns and vegetables, a Chawan Mushi and a small sushimi. It was a hearty lunch and I enjoyed it thoroughly. it cost me RM119 for two person. My friend, S commented that the sukiyaki soup is abit salty but the beef was very good.

The restaurant was recently renovated with a new sign board. It has been in operation for 7 years at the same place and I think the Chawan mushi here is one of the best in Penang. All my friends who have been there, just love the Chawan mushi which is steam egg with chicken meat. The egg is very smooth and it just melt in our mouth.

I was told by Albert that there are about 23 japanese restaurants in Pulau Tikus area. Some restaurant specialized in ramen, some in maki and sushimi and sushi.The choice of restaurant is plentiful and so many varieties.

For good food, you need to wonder around the area and search for the Japanese food you like. So, happy hunting.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment